Career Pathways & Work-Based Learning for Students
Hayward Chamber supports Career Pathways Summer Internship Program for Hayward and San Lorenzo School District
Recruitment is now underway for our local businesses to participate in the Annual Career Pathways Summer Internship program, sponsored by the Hayward Chamber of Commerce, Hayward Unified School District, San Lorenzo School District and Eden Area ROP. An internship that provides a rich learning environment sends an important message to students: learning and earning are intrinsically related.
- This year the chamber will be placing students from the following career pathways:
- Multimedia / Digital Media
- Biomedical / Health and Medicine
We're looking for a variety of internships for our students, including those in the medical fields, product design, visual arts, computer programming, marketing, audio/video production, working with animals, social services, and many other careers. You'll be helping our students AND helping your business by tapping into this excellent source of energetic young talent!
- An Internship includes:
- Hands-on learning - Internships combine hands-on learning and skills development with real-world work experience under the guidance and supervision of supportive adults.
- Project-based - Internships are project-based and should result in a tangible benefit to your business of which the student intern can be proud.
- A fair exchange - An internship is a work/learn exchange between a student and your business. Students are meant to work and learn.
- Student commitment - an average of 16-20 hours per week, for 4 weeks.
- Celebration Event – student interns present projects to host sites and parents at the end of the summer program.
- The program provides liability insurance for all interns
- Students will be 16 years or older
To see if your business is a good fit for this program, click the Host Company Application.
For more information, please contact:
Lisa Jackson, Director of Work Based Learning