- Category: News
- Hits: 3408
Manufacturing Employers Employees Product
Berkeley Farms 630 Dairy Products
Alameda Newspaper Group 400 Newspaper Publishing
Pepsi Cola 300 Beverage Distribution
Morgan Advanced Ceramics 250 Manufacturing
Non-Manufacturing Employers Employees Product
Kaiser Permanente Medical Ctr. 2,200 Hospital
Hayward Unified School District 2,100 Public School
Cal State University, East Bay 1,600 State University
AT & T 940 Phone Utility
City of Hayward 847 Local Government
Chabot College 763 Community College
St. Rose Hospital 660 Hospital
Income Level: Mean Household Income: $77,400
24% of Households earn over $100,000
- Home to 30,000 College Students
- Over 500,000 Daily Vehicle Trips
Sources: This Community Profile has been compiled with the assistance of Hayward Community Economic Development Office, and the Chamber of Commerce. For more information contact the Community Economic Development Office at (510) 583-4303
City of Hayward Committments
- $40 million investment from the City for downtown redevelopment highlighted by
Cinemark's 16-screen Century Theatres.
- $100 million trafic infrastructure improvements to be completed within 24 months.
- Small Business attraction nad retail-attraction loans available
- Seamless entitlement process
- 10,000 + sq feet of available new retail space adjacent to downtown theater.
- Southland Mall is the largest mall in the East Bay with 1.4 million square feet of GLA.
- Home of Hayward Executive Airport (HWD) and adjacent restaurant pad sites and available hangars.
- Future opportunites along the Mission Blvd & Foothill Blvd. Corridors.