Join the Chamber
A Dozen Great Reasons to Join The Hayward Chamber of Commerce
1. Business Development: Our monthly mixers provide opportunities for making new business contacts. Our luncheons combine networking opportunities with valuable business information. Promote your business immediately at our New Member Reception.
2. Marketing: Our audience is a highly specialized market of business owners, employers and business leaders as well as active community people. Each member receives two free listings in the annual Membership Directory, a listing on the web page with direct link to your home page, the ability to send fliers for a nominal fee to 1,100 member e-mail addresses, and discount participation in major events (see Item #10).
3. Business Referral: The Chamber receives thousands of calls each year for business referrals. Only Chamber members are referred. People like to do business with people they know.
4. Political Clout & Action: While you take care of business, the Chamber takes care of the business of politics. Through our Government Relations Council and Good Government Now! (our political action committee) the Chamber watches out for business at all levels of government.
5. Professional Development: Expand your professional expertise with low-cost, high-quality seminars with workshops led by experts on a variety of business topics including social media, sales, marketing, customer service and more.
6. Hayward Business News: Members receive a subscription to our monthly e-newsletter to keep them up-to-date on programs, events and opportunities for involvement.
7. Business Consultation. The Chamber will arrange free business consultations for your business through our relationship with East Bay SCORE.
8. Business Advice/Problem Solving: The Chamber staff is here and ready to help you. They can answer numerous questions and have a wealth of resources at your disposal, saving you time and money.
9. Business Resource: The Chamber maintains a business library with lists, publications on business trends, sales, demographics and more.
10. Programs and Events: The Chamber sponsors numerous programs and events, including the annual Celebration Awards Gala dinner, Golf Tournament, Business Expo, Latino Business Roundtable, Hayward Nonprofit Alliance, Leadership Hayward, Downtown Thursday Night Street Parties, networking groups, ribbon cuttings and much more.
11. Value Added Benefits: HR materials and workshops, member to member discounts, flier programs and more are available to members only.
12. Making a Contribution: Committee involvement is an opportunity to expand your business contacts while finding solutions to community issues.
Dues go exactly one year from the date you join.
Membership dues in the Hayward Chamber of Commerce may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. A portion of dues, however, is not deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense to the extent that the Chamber engages in state or federal lobbying. The non-deductible portion of dues is 5%.
|Annual Membership Dues
(applied for 12 months from date of joining)
|Initial Setup Fee||$35|
Number of Employees
Most Nonprofit Organizations $250