- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 4956
Applications are being accepted for the 25th annual class of Leadership Hayward, to begin in November 2015. With 276 graduates since 1991, this accredited program develops leaders knowledgeable about the greater Hayward area and prepared to address complex social and economic issues. The program is particularly valuable to representatives of organizations and the business community, who learn about Hayward's economic development to enhance their own professional growth.
Leadership Hayward features eight monthly one-day sessions from November through June. Each session will focus on a general topic presented by experts. Participants receive professional development credit from the department of University Extension of California State University, East Bay. The June graduation luncheon coincides with the mayor's State of the City address and is attended by local and state elected officials and other dignitaries. About 20 individuals participate each year representing a cross section of Hayward's diverse private and public sectors, cultures and age groups.
Participants have included bankers, retailers, restaurant managers, teachers, professors, police officers, firefighters, medical personnel, nonprofit staff, city employees, and a host of business persons.
- Hits: 4722
Member to Member Discounts
DON'T BE LEFT OUT! Use your Chamber Membership to get these great deals from fellow Hayward Chamber members!
Days Inn & Suites
(510) 537-5404 fax 510-537-7531
24400 Mission Blvd.,Hayward, CA 94544
"Best Value Under the Sun"
25% off Rack Rate for Chamber Members. Clean, comfortable rooms with friendly, courteous staff. Free Wi-Fi, Continental breakfast, plus 40 channels of Direct TV. In room coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator and hair dryer.
Best Way Limo, Inc
19990 Skywest Drive Suite 1115 Hayward, Ca 94541
10% off all Limo Services to Hayward Chamber of Commerce members.
Daily Taco Combo lunch special for $5.99
REALTY WORLD NEIGHBORS
Anna May and Greg Jones will cater a housewarming party for 50 people for all her clients who buy or sell a home locally. Call for details!
25% chamber member discount. Gold Award Winning Hotel in the Heart of the Bay. Newly renovated rooms, modern amenities, complimentary continental breakfast and high-speed Internet access.
BECK ROOFING COMPANY
$250 discount on complete residential re-roofing to Chamber Members. You must mention this offer to receive the discount.
GRAND & BENEDICTS
Geri San Nicolas
20% off list discount to all chamber members on regular stock items: display cases, clothing racks, shelving and variety of store fixture items.
ALTA VISTA VETERINARY CLINIC
Dr. Alexa Budde
Full Service Veterinary Hospital and Boarding Facility (Complete Dental, Surgical, Laboratory, Radiology Services on site). 10% discount to Chamber members (must mention this ad).
KAREN'S FLOWER KOTTAGE
Free local delivery to Hayward, Castro Valley and Union City for Hayward Chamber Members. A $6.00 to $11.00 value. Please mention this ad.
TRI CITY ENGRAVERS
Rubber stamps, trophies, plaques, and engraving services available to chamber members for a 10% discount.
PROFICIENT PROTECTION AGENCY
Cmdr. A. Levy
First 7 days of patrol service FREE and under no obligation thereafter.
BEST WESTERN Plus INN OF HAYWARD
Save 10% off best available rates only for chamber members. Just 6 miles from the Oakland International Airport. Free wifi in all rooms, free continental hot breakfast, outdoor pool and spa, and meeting room. (can seat up to 35)
CASTRO VALLEY & HAYWARD STORAGE
(510) 886-4237, 10% off monthly rent for chamber members at both our locations.
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 5009
A Dozen Great Reasons to Join The Hayward Chamber of Commerce
1. Business Development: Our monthly mixers provide opportunities for making new business contacts. Our luncheons combine networking opportunities with valuable business information. Promote your business immediately at our New Member Reception.
2. Marketing: Our audience is a highly specialized market of business owners, employers and business leaders as well as active community people. Each member receives two free listings in the annual Membership Directory, a listing on the web page with direct link to your home page, the ability to send fliers for a nominal fee to 1,100 member e-mail addresses, and discount participation in major events (see Item #10).
3. Business Referral: The Chamber receives thousands of calls each year for business referrals. Only Chamber members are referred. People like to do business with people they know.
4. Political Clout & Action: While you take care of business, the Chamber takes care of the business of politics. Through our Government Relations Council and Good Government Now! (our political action committee) the Chamber watches out for business at all levels of government.
5. Professional Development: Expand your professional expertise with low-cost, high-quality seminars with workshops led by experts on a variety of business topics including social media, sales, marketing, customer service and more.
6. Hayward Business News: Members receive a subscription to our monthly e-newsletter to keep them up-to-date on programs, events and opportunities for involvement.
7. Business Consultation. The Chamber will arrange free business consultations for your business through our relationship with East Bay SCORE.
8. Business Advice/Problem Solving: The Chamber staff is here and ready to help you. They can answer numerous questions and have a wealth of resources at your disposal, saving you time and money.
9. Business Resource: The Chamber maintains a business library with lists, publications on business trends, sales, demographics and more.
10. Programs and Events: The Chamber sponsors numerous programs and events, including the annual Celebration Awards Gala dinner, Golf Tournament, Business Expo, Latino Business Roundtable, Hayward Nonprofit Alliance, Leadership Hayward, Downtown Thursday Night Street Parties, networking groups, ribbon cuttings and much more.
11. Value Added Benefits: HR materials and workshops, member to member discounts, flier programs and more are available to members only.
12. Making a Contribution: Committee involvement is an opportunity to expand your business contacts while finding solutions to community issues.
Dues go exactly one year from the date you join.
Membership dues in the Hayward Chamber of Commerce may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. A portion of dues, however, is not deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense to the extent that the Chamber engages in state or federal lobbying. The non-deductible portion of dues is 5%.
|Annual Membership Dues
(applied for 12 months from date of joining)
|Initial Setup Fee||$35|
Number of Employees
Most Nonprofit Organizations $250