Imagine being able to connect with a huge tent full of likely clients for your business. That’s the situation Hayward area business persons will be in from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 5 during the 31st annual Hayward Business Expo, under the Grand White Tent at St. Rose Hospital, 27200 Calaroga Ave.
“This is one of the East Bay’s premier business networking and exhibitor activities,” said Kim Huggett, president and CEO of the Hayward Chamber of Commerce. “It’s a place where networking abounds and deals are made. That’s why it continues to attract attention after so many years.”
Top Hayward Companies
A long list of Hayward businesses have signed up to be exhibitors including financial institutions, telecommunications, health care, utilities, energy and recycling. Nonprofit organizations also will have exhibits.
Restaurants and Caterers
In addition to making connections with local businesses, attendees will enjoy food from local restaurants, gourmet coffee, wine, beer and sodas. Restaurants and bakeries will include Shark Shack and Nothing Bundt Cakes. There also will be food samples from leading Hayward manufacturers and distributors such as Pucci Foods, Sugar Bowl Bakery, Berkeley Farms, Annabelle Candy Co., and Casa Sanchez. Unique vehicles will include a new energy efficient bus from AC Transit, an electric delivery van manufactured by Hayward’s Motiv, and a cool new limousine from Best Way Limo.
Still Room for Exhibitors
The cost of exhibitor spaces remains the same as the past four years: $250 for chamber members and $395 for non-members. Admission is free for chamber members and $10 for non-members. For additional information, contact the Hayward Chamber of Commerce at (510) 537-2424. To see an exhibitor application, click READ MORE below.
Applications are being accepted for the 27th annual class of Leadership Hayward, to begin this November. With more than 300 graduates since 1991, this accredited program develops leaders knowledgeable about the greater Hayward area and prepared to address complex social and economic issues. The program is particularly valuable to representatives of organizations and the business community, who learn about economic development in Hayward to enhance their own professional growth.
For more information, click READ MORE, below:
- Aug. 31: Meet HUSD School Board Candidates endorsed by CLASS and the chamber, El Taquito #2 restaurant, 215 W. Winton Ave., 6-8 p.m.
- Sept. 9: Chamber Government Relations Council
- Sept. 12: Developing Your Own Food Business, first in 10-part series with SBDC at Hayward Adult School 22100 Princeton St., Hayward
Sept. 13: Chamber Ambassadors Lunch, chamber office, noon
- Sept. 15: Hayward Nonprofit Alliance, Hayward Area Historical Society, 10 a.m.
- Sept. 16: Family Paths Ribbon-Cutting, Plaza Center, 22320 Foothill Blvd., 4:30 p.m.
- Sept. 16: 7thAnnual Mariachi Festival, Hayward City Hall Plaza, 4-9 p.m.
- Sept. 20: Chamber Ribbon-Cutting & Grand Opening for the Hayward Downtown Street Team, Hayward Area Historical Society, noon-1 p.m.Sept. 23: Latino Business Roundtable, St. Rose Hospital Balch Pavilion, 8:30 a.m.
- Sept. 22: Chamber Board of Directors
- Sept. 22: Chamber Ribbon-Cutting & Grand Opening at California Crosspoint High School, 25500 Industrial Blvd. Time to be announced by chamber e-mail.
- Sept 28: State Labor Law and Payroll Tax Seminar, Elihu Harris State Building, 1515 Clay, St., Oakland. Reserve this free event here.
- Oct. 5: 31st Annual Hayward Business Expo, St. Rose Hospital, Grand White Tent, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
The Hayward Chamber is excited to announce the offering of our next travel destination to the fantastic Christmas Markets of Europe, visiting Germany, France and Austria departing on November 25th, 2016.
Experience the magic of Europe's Christmas Markets amongst tall cathedral's and church spires rising into the night sky of the Old Towns. Horse drawn carriages parading around the streets, it can feel like you stepped back in time. During the months of November and December t...he streets fill up with Christmas markets all aglow in twinkling lights. You will feel like you have walked into a Dickens novel. We will visit them in Germany, France and Austria with plenty of time to shop. You will find many traditional gifts from local craftsmen while enjoying roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, local grog and yummy treats. Click READ More Below on this great opportunity.
Mariachi bands, ballet folklorico dancers, a taco eating contest, and an outdoor market celebrating Mexican food and art will be featured at the seventh annual Hayward Mariachi Festival from 4:30 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 16 at Hayward City Hall Plaza, 777 B St. Featured bands include Mariachi Mexicanisimo, Mariachi Me Tierra Linda, Mariachi Halcones de Oakland, and mariachi Juvenil de Hayward. The taco-eating contest will be hosted by El Taquito #2.
This free, family-friendly event is hosted by the Hayward Chamber of Commerce, the City of Hayward, and the Downtown Business Improvement Area, and many co-sponsors, including Comcast, PG&E, Kaiser Permanente, Wells Fargo Bank, Russell City Energy Center,and Berkeley Farms.
Sponsorships are available at $250, $500 and $1000 and vendor spaces are $150.